||Stories, articles, books, and references related to the C-130 and it's history.
If you have a story or article you would like to see posted here, contact Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org
C-130 Book Reference Page
Articles archived on this
- Whiskey- Charlie: The History
of the WC-130 Hercules by Tom Robison: Very thorough and interesting article about
this unique mission of the C-130. (latest edition posted 9 May 04)
- Account of talk given by Credible Sport Test Pilot
from a LMEA Flying Club newsletter
- The Demise of Aircraft 61-2642 by Mark Sierzchulski,
first hand account of rocket attack that destroyed this Herk in 1971 with pictures.
- The Last Mission of Combat Talons S-01 Crew by By Colonel John Gargus, USAF (Ret.)
- Charles--- 130H: Three Decades of
Lockheed Hercules operations with No. 40 Squadron, Royal New Zealand Air Force, by Paul
- Predator: AC-130s Prowl the
Ho Chi Minh Trail, by Michael E. Haas
- The Most Deployed Unit in the Air
National Guard: A History of the 193rd SOW of the Pennsylvania Air National Guard by
- Radio Controlled C-130 Short story
with pictures of an RC model herk built to 1/12 scale by Joe Grable (very cool)
- Aircraft in scam may have flown for CIA,
Tim Steller for the Arizona daily Star
- C-130 Float Plane Proposal, Press
Release: , you got to see it to believe it. The U.S. Navy.
- Ski, not SKE... The LC-130s of the NY Air Guard, by
Capt Stephen Fifield
- 52nd Airlift Squadron Deactivates by Nathan Alderman
Vietnam era C-130 airlift
stories by Sam McGowan:
Articles not on this site
(no guarantees on these links)
- The Australian
Involvement in Vietnam: Hercules Saga
- The Awesome Power of Air
Force Gunships, Air Force Magazine Apr 99
- A Tennessee
Loadmaster by Sam McGowan. A tribute to loadmaster Charlie Shaub, who
won the Air Force Cross during a mission to An Loc in April 1972.
- A Flight into
Hurricane Luis by Jack Beven. Story of one man's experience flying into a hurricane
with the 53rd WRS.
a Falling Star by Phil Rowe: Describes the unique mission of the JC-130
One by Otto Kreisher. Recap of the mission to rescue hostages held in Iran that ended
Flight at Katum 25 Jun 1968 by Britt Blaser. Excellent story of a harrowing
experience of a crew flying out of Katum after their C-130 catches on fire.
- LC-130 Aircraft Listing by
- EC-130G and
EC-130Q aircraft listing by Joe Hawkins
at Katum Special Forces Camp eyewitness account by Reg Manning
- Spectre in the Night Sky Means Trouble on the Trail by Lt. Col. James
F. Humphries, Jr.
- The Four Horsemen by Sam McGowan, Interesting story of the C-130
Aerial demonstration team in the late 1950s.
- Special Delivery Article in Airman magazine about the 36th AS at
Yokota AB, Japan
- How many rockets can make plane land like a chopper? CNN news story
about a C-130 modified with lift rockets during the Iran hostage crisis
- Cold War
Reconnaissance and the Shootdown Of Flight 60528, Description of the mission of a
C-130 shot down by Russian Mig 17s September 2nd, 1958.
- Western Wildfires Short Article in Airman magazine about C-130's
fighting forest fires in California
- Hunting Season Article about the 53rd Weather Recon Squadron at
Keesler AFB and their unique hurricane hunting mission.Dec 1995
- The Son
Tay Raid November 21, 1970: By Lieutenant General LeRoy J. Manor, United States Air
| Main Page
| Images | Squadrons | Facts | Patches | Message Board | Links |
Send comments or questions to email@example.com