PAGE 1, PAGE 2,
||102nd Rescue Squadron
part of the 106th RQW at Suffolk County Airport, NY. In the spring of 1975 they
converted to the HC-130N/P from the F/TF-102. They also fly the HH-60G. They operate the
only rescue aircraft in the Northeastern U.S. designed for aerial refueling. They provide
Search and Rescue (SAR) and Medevac from Northeast United States south to Bahamas Islands
and east to the Azores.They are tasked by New Hampshire Fish and Wildlife Service for
extensive mountain search support as well as Space Shuttle Support. They currently operate
2 HC-130N and 3 HC-130P.
Squadron part of the 118th AW, Nashville Airport, TN. In
March of 1971 the 105th converted from the C-124C into six C-130As. By 1979 they had
acquired 16 C-130A models. In 1989 they received their first C-130H and currently
fly 12 C-130H with the "A" models long since retired. Patch on the left
donated by Scott Stack.
Squadron part of the 133 AW at Minneapolis-St. Paul IAP,
MN. In 1970 they converted from the C-97G to the C-130A. In 1981 they converted to
C-130Es. They presently are equipped with eight C-130H3.
Airlift Squadron part of the 146 AW, Channel Island ANGB,
CA. Converted from the C-97A/G into the C-130A in 1970 based at Van Nuys Airport CA. They
were the first ANG guard unit to be equipped with Herks. in spring of 1974 they began
receiving "B" models from the inactivated 195 TAS. In 1975 they began mixing in
"E" models into their fleet and getting rid of the "As". By 1981 all
the "B models had been phased out. In 1988 they made the move to Channel Islands
ANGB. The 115th AS currently has ten C-130Es in their fleet and two C-130J-30s. Patch
on left donated by Clyde Doheney.
||129th Rescue Squadron part of the 129 RQW, Moffet Federal Airfield, CA. In 1975 redesignated from SOS
to ARRS and converted from the C-119 and U-10 to the HC-130P and were based at Hayward Air
Terminal, CA. In May 1980 they moved to NAS Moffet Field. The 129th RSQ currently
operates two HC-130P and three MC-130P. Patch on left donated by Douglas M. Ducote SR.
Squadron part of the 130 AW, Yeager Airport, WV. Converted
to the C-130E from U-10D and C-119L in 1975. In 1989, they received nine C-130H.
Called to active duty 5 Oct 90-26 May 91 for Desert Storm. Patch on left donated
by David Weddington.
Squadron part of the 135 AG at Martin State Airport in
Baltimore, MD. In October 1980 converted from the C-7A/B to C-130B and converted
to C-130E in 1989. In 1992 the 135th AG was placed under the 175th Wing which
also flies the A-10. They are the first ANG squadron to convert to the C-130J and
received their 8th and final aircraft in December 2000. patch on left donated by Dee
Squadron part of the 109th AW at Schenectady Co.
Airport, NY. In 1971 they converted from the C-97 to the C-130A. In 1975 they converted to
the C-130D (skies) In 1985 they transferred into the LC-130H. They currently operate the
C-130H, LC-130H and LC-130R. They are receiving three former Navy LCs, 2 which
are currently receiving PDM in Waso, TX.
Squadron is part of the 166th AW at New Castle County Airport, DE. First transitioned to C-130A in 1971 from C-97 then received the C-130H
during 1985-86 time frame with current strength consisting of nine C-130H.
Squadron is part of the 143d AW at Quonset State Airport,
RI. Converted from the C-119L to the C-130A in 1975 and redesignated a TAS from a SOS
based at T.F. Green Airport, RI. In 1980, they relocated to Quonset State Airport.
Transitioned into nine C-130E in 1990. Called to active duty for Desert Storm from 23 Feb
91-10 Jun 91. The 143d has received three C-130J-30s numbered 1431, 1432, 1433. Patch
on left donated by Gerald Martel.
- 143rd Airlift Wing
PAGE 1, PAGE 2, PAGE 3
| Main | Images | Squadrons | Facts
| Articles | Patches | Msg Board | Links |
Webmaster: Scott J. Gager
This page last updated 13 Jan 2004